It is time to make the final selection on a name for “Take Time to LEARN Before you Burn” moose mascot. The campaign was launched in 2019 and is a multiyear effort by the Alaska Division of Forestry in conjunction with its local, state and federal partners to help prevent the devastating impacts of human caused wildland fires in Alaska. The campaign is funded with the financial support of the U.S. Forest Service with the goal of reducing human caused fires in Alaska by 10% annually via public outreach across a range of wildfire prevention public education platforms and programs.
During the 2020 wildfire season, the public submitted hundreds of name suggestions for the mascot that the Alaska Division of Forestry narrowed down to the top five finalists. Now it’s time to pick the winner from one of the five names below and sending your choice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(As a reminder, this is a name popularity contest so no specific person will be chosen as a winner and no prizes will be awarded.)
Choice of names:
The rules are fairly simple:
- You can only vote for one name.
- You can only vote once
- You can only vote by email. Votes submitted in the comment section, by phone, text, letter or in person will be not be counted.
- Families/groups can submit one email, with one name per family/group member or one name for the whole family/group.
- Division of Forestry employees who voted in the semi-finalist round cannot vote again.
- All entries must be received by midnight, October 1st, 2020
The winning name will be announced by Oct. 15, 2020.
Best of luck and may the best moose name win!
Categories: Alaska DNR - Division of Forestry (DOF), Fire Prevention