If you’ve not yet subscribed to receive Nixle texts and emails alerting you to issues of immediate public concern such as evacuations and highway closures, we encourage you to do so.
Nixle is utilized by emergency service organizations for communicating information in the event of a natural disaster, and other emergencies.
Alaska State Troopers used Nixle to send out wildfire-related evacuation notices and, in conjunction with the Department of Transportation & Public Facilities’ 511.alaska.gov website, road closures.
Signing up is easy and there are several simple ways to do so. Here are a few:
💻Visit nixle.com and set up a user profile.
📱Text your zip code to 888-777 from you mobile phone. Once a response is received, follow the instructions with your email address to receive updates.
🚔To receive Alaska State Troopers Nixle alerts, visit dps.alaska.gov and sign up up via the Nixle widget at the bottom left of the home page.
📡Most messages are targeted geographically, allowing residents to receive localized, relevant messages from their chosen agencies.
📲You can get these sent straight to your cell phone.
📌You can subscribe for Nixle alerts in more than one area by adding locations to your settings.
These Alaska agencies also use the Nixle alert system:
- Fairbanks Police Department
- Fort Wainwright Directorate of Emergency Services
- Anchorage Police Department
- Anchorage Fire Department
- City of Houston
- Anchorage Municipal Light and Power
- Anchorage Office of Emergency Management
- Alaska State Troopers Headquarters
- Alaska State Troopers A Detachment
- Alaska State Troopers B Detachment
- Alaska State Troopers C Detachment
- Alaska State Troopers D Detachment
Categories: AK Fire Info