Effective Friday, June 19, 2015 at 10:00 a.m.
- The evacuation area will be reduced to within the fire perimeter with the addition of nine security check points.
- Home owners who have lost homes can re-enter from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- North traffic control point moved back to Sheep Creek Road (MP 78).
- South traffic control point moved back to Willow/Freshhook Road (MP 71).
Saturday, June 20
- Evacuation order lifted.
- Traffic control on Parks Highway will remain in place.
- Security check points will be in place. Residents will be allowed to return to their homes.
Monday, June 22
- All security check points and traffic control points will be lifted. Alaska State Troopers will continue patrols.
Security Check Points (North to South) – Effective Friday, June 19 through Sunday June 21
- Sockeye Ave.
- West Field Ave.
- West Sharen Dr.
- West Gratiot Dr.
- Intersection of West Willow Creek Parkway and North Thomas Creek (3/4 mile off Parks Highway).
- Intersection of North Crystal Lake Road and West Shirley Lake Road.
Be advised: Firefighters and firefighting equipment will be working in and around the fire area. Please drive slowly with your lights on and use extreme caution when traveling in this area.
Temporary Flight Restriction – Effective Friday, June 19 at 8:00 a.m.
In addition to evacuation and road closure changes, also effective on Friday, June 19, the temporary flight restrictions (TFR) for the Sockeye Fire area will be reduced to permit general aviation traffic into Long Lake, Willow Lake and the Willow Airport.
Categories: AK Fire Info